RE: Switcher ....was...Digital Audio

  • Subject: RE: Switcher ....was...Digital Audio
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:49:00 +0000

Hi Tony,

IR will be the main control method recieving IR from the room you are in to
select the source you want to watch. It will also pass any received IR
through to the source you have selected so using a Pronto or One4All remote
you send the command [KAT5-Source4] where you have your digibox and then
send Digibox commands that pass through to the Digibox. The IR will be
switched so that if you had 2 devices that responded to the same remote eg
two Videos, only the one you are watching would get the command.

There will an LCD display on the front along with simple press button
control eg Button 1 cycles through the rooms, button 2 cycles through the
sources. There will also be RS232 control to allow a PC or Homevision to
control it. Will also have support for HomeVision to overlay messages and
inject audio either superimposed or completely overriding the original
audio.

Keith