RE: Linn Classik / KAT5

  • Subject: RE: Linn Classik / KAT5
  • From: Nick Towers
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:35:00 +0000

If you use standard CAT5 pinouts on Knekt to Knekt I think you'll use split
pairs. Linn uses pins 2&3 and 6&7 as the balanced audio
signals, standard
CAT5 pairs are 1&2, 3&6, 4&5, 7&8. So I
think you'll need custom patch leads
at each socket, (but a standard one at the patchpanel).
Of course I may be wrong...

Nick