RE: Re: Knekt KAT5?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Knekt KAT5?
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:38:00 +0000

Hi Tony,

I *think* I get it now....

You want to use the KAT5 switch so that you can have ANY of your AV sources
routed to <Room_Y> but in the event of Intersekt Zone_X being active
you
want to select a DEFAULT source for Room_Y taking the Audio from
<Input_X>
and Video from wherever the DVD was connected.

If you didnt want to select alternative Video sources then you might as
well
use vanilla KAT5 without the switcher.

I personally think you are over-complicating things as the KAT5 switcher
will be able to route everything by itself if you can find a way of sending
the commands to it. You could then keep the Intersekt as a high end Audio
system in the main AV location.

Keith