MK2 Units & IR

Keith,

I notice that the MK1 units are not for sale any more. Do you have a date
yet
for when the MK2 units will be available?

Also, my intention is to use the IR transfer feature of the MK2 units to
transfer IR keyboard / mouse signals from my lounge to node0, where my
server is
located. Allowing control of the server as a music system (all CDs are
ripped
onto server) and also as a DIY TIVO style system.

Not being very technical I am not sure if this IR transfer will be
possible. I
dont want to keep buying parts towards this end, if it wont work. Do you
think
the MK2 units will allow Ir transfer of this nature? IS the IR transfer
bi-directional or one way based on the type of MK2 unit (TX or RX)?

Does anyone else in the group use IR keyboard / mouse in this way already?
Or
what alternatives are there?

Thanks
Andy