RE: 5.1 6.1 surround

  • Subject: RE: 5.1 6.1 surround
  • From: UKHA
  • Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 14:19:00 +0000

Keith,

>Phil Harris has suggested that as a Dolby Digital signal is a 75ohm
signal
>it MAY pass over a standard KAT5 Video circuit. I dont think any harm
could
>come from trying out this theory as KAT5 will only output the same
level
>that is input to the transmitter.

So i'd still need 2 KAT5 transmitters and recvivers then... :(

>If anyone would care to try this at their own risk and report back I am
>sure others would be interested in the results.

I would but it seems a little pointless for me to have beautiful 5.1
digital
sound
and err no picture,,, :(

Andy

1 x transmitter 1 x receiver

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998

Whilst onboard a Klingon ship, my coat disappeared in the Cloakroom.