Re: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?

  • Subject: Re: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:11:00 +0000

Hi Dan,

I "normally" respond quicker than this but currently I have
extremely
resticted access to email :-(

KAT5 technology is being used for the following

CCTV (10 sets in daily use)
CCTV with Audio and Power

AVTx/AVRx (1 original Prototype)
Audio, Composite Video and IR

VGA (1 original Prototype in daily use)
VGA Video

4VT/4VR (1 set)
Component Video + Composite
RGBS for projectors.

PTX/PRX (2 sets in use)
S-Video and Composite (for Projectors)

AVS-TX/AVS-RX (loads in use :-))
S-Video and Stereo Audio

AVS-VC (1 set in daily use)
Video Conferencing

As has been mentioned, added functionality is being worked on in the
form of IR/Data path for the AVS inits

A multisource/multizone switcher is also under development.

Hope that helps

Keith