Re: Newbie to KAT5

  • Subject: Re: Newbie to KAT5
  • From: neil.frost@xxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:46:00 +0000

Thanks James, I wasn't aware that CAT5 and speakers was a NoNo. I
assume then I would teminate them using standard RCA phono sockets?

Would that then let me take an audio feed from the swither, straight
to the speakers as well as the TV?

Neil

--- In kat5-users@y..., "James Hoye" <james.hoye@s...>
wrote:
> > I want to be able to have my SKY box, DVD player; VHS etc. in
that
> > cupboard and be able to switch between them remotely in each room
> > (obviously I could only watch the same e.g. SKY channel in 2 or
more
> > rooms) Will the switcher be able to do this? I assume I'd need a
> > receiver connected to each TV?
> >
> > Would it let me watch SKY in the living room, a DVD in the
bedroom
> > and a video in the study all at the same time?
>
> From my conversations with Keith, I think it will be able to switch
as you
> want, but I'd wait for word from the horse's mouth... Just in
case. Yes,
> you would need a receiver connected to each TV.
> Have you looked at the KAT5 FAQ?
>
> > I'm also running CAT5 to the top corners of each room for
speakers

> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Use 79 strand cable, 2.5 sq mm mains twin &amp;
earth or
> <insert your preferred brand of speaker cable> for speakers.
CAT5
cable