Re: Linn Classik / KAT5

  • Subject: Re: Linn Classik / KAT5
  • From: nickt@xxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:03:00 +0000

Mike,
I confess that I've not pushed Linn as hard as I could have regarding
how the Classik is controlled, they're probably not busting a gut to
give me the info I've asked for as they know I'm hooking it up to non-
Linn kit...
The balanced line output from the Classik work brilliantly with
Keith's KAT5 receiver though - all you need is a custom CAT5 patch
lead to link it up.
If you know about the way Linn controls their kit, I'd be interested
to know - to save unnecessary traffic on the KAT5 group, you can
email me directly (<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=dlHikyD_NoZLeGDzaLYDvEK4QDMwzrYJ_LliZetnceEC6yC6ULnnxMEjt8M3-HpV9PHmmuvdO4NBsw">nickt@t...</a>).
We can put a summary on the
group afterwards just in case others are interested..
Just to clarify - I only have the Classik, I have no Knekt
controllers or RCU's - what I want to do is control the Classik from
anywhere in my house, if there's a relatively simple way of using my
Cat5 network to do this I'd be delighted.
Let me know
Nick
PS Not sure what you mean by ACE.. could it be the ACC socket I've
got on the Classik??