RE: FW: Audio & video distribution

  • Subject: RE: FW: Audio & video distribution
  • From: Phil Harris
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:28:00 +0000

I'm here with my screwdriver and wall warts!

Phil

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=9s6HlsC2WVAIPCG2_0VyVzKrBjaxSShIvVH_n-pIt2O6SeveFETI6pz1VfTg-7WNLpzBlbfg-OrakYEY8r5baA">kat5.diyha@b...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=TrCXimI57saF2X_wxUgesak5OYSBIjpLDeBo3Au-VHaBwvYxX76bWFHlvvN6GtlpF1O0zNWrXDsEKLbNl37QDUNwHdU">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: Re: FW: [KAT5] Audio &amp; video distribution
>

> The original prototypes carried
>
> Composite Video
> Stereo Audio
> IR Repeater
>
> The current model carries S-Video which uses two pairs to carry the
> video. That currently leaves no way to carry the IR although I
> believe I can now do this. I just have to test it before making it
> available.
>
> I built a video switcher 6 years ago that has been in daily use in a
> seafront pub taking inputs from 8 Satellite/VCR/DVD/CCTV sources and
> displaying it on 12 x 21inch TV's and 3 Video projectors. It is
> controlled by a BBC Micro.
>
> I am in the final stages of converting and improving that design to
> accomodate KAT5 technology for the signal distribution and IR/RS232
> control to select the sources. That will complete the jigsaw.
>
> All the building blocks exist, they just need bolting together.
>
> Keith
>
> --- In kat5-users@y..., Nick Towers <nickt@t...> wrote:
> > It strikes me that (for me) the missing part of the puzzle for a
> great
> > whole house multi room video &amp; audio distribution is the
control/IR
> side.
> >
> > Lets assume I have various sources - with complex controls via IR
> remotes -
> > how can these be selected &amp; controlled from any room?
Ideally using

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=-LKDztn0N771aD-KEaScocdT7xNyo07qsYZcsMMywU9s3OPp3SCPECVmjKoVkUiRWuD2cPMePPPjtkgIZCDkeoPqCK0VtA88JDKr">kat5-users-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>