RE: Looping Receivers

  • Subject: RE: Looping Receivers
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:26:00 +0000

Hi Phil,

A "dumb" distribution block is not possible. It needs the active
components
to drive the receiver so it would cost about the same per port as a KAT5
TX.

As a TV location is semi-permanent, the best way to cable it would be to
terminate two CAT5 cables on the back of one RJ45 jack then at your patch
panel you feed the incoming signal onto the first cable, second cable of
jack "A" to first cable of jack "B" etc. The
termination resistors would
have to be removed on intermediate receivers.

Adding a second RJ45 to the reciever isnt possible. There just isnt the
space. Ideally I would have like the cases to be the other way round, ie
removeable panel on the 6" sides not the 3" sides. If I could
have found
such a case I would have put all the connectors on one side of the box. The
only cases I can find where one side is long enough are about 8x6x3 which
is
physically huge and expensive.

Ideally it needs a custom made case but you need to be making them in
10000+
batches.

Keith