RE: VideoBalun vs KAT5 ?

  • Subject: RE: VideoBalun vs KAT5 ?
  • From: Phil Harris
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:32:00 +0000

> I join your idea

Cool...

> You are a good reseller :-)

*grin* No connection other than I do know the guy who designed and
builds them but I wouldn't recommend them unless they were good.

> What is method for buy kat5 ?
> by mail ?
> and for payment ? Cash on delivery? CB ?

Best to contact Keith Doxey directly (however he does read this list so
maybe he'll answer you directly).

> and what I need for connect my satelite receiver to my TV ?

The standard KAT5 units have SCART connectors so you'll need a CAT5
patch cable to go between the wall sockets and the KAT5 units plus a
SCART cable to go between the KAT5 units and the TV and satellite
receiver.

> I suppose: 1 transmitter and 1 receiver
> KAT5 AVS-TX S-Video Transmitter @ £40-00
> KAT5 AVS-RX S-Video Receiver @ £35-00

Yup ...

> ... and for IR ?
>
> It is an another device ? or include in a future version of
> transmitter and receiver ?

Now this is where I'm trying to find out Keiths plans ... He has said
that he wants to be able to offere an "upgrade" for existing
owners but
that new units will have the option on the board.

I would again suggest contacting Keith directly and asking him for his
advice ... He's a nice bloke and won't steer you wrong.

Phil