RE: Maximum distance for SCART

  • Subject: RE: Maximum distance for SCART
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:17:00 +0000

The KAT5 Transmitter uses less than 120mA and the Receiver about 60mA so
the
distance is greater than that.

At work I have some CCTV cameras running over CAT5 using a mini KAT5 PCB.
The camera power is also derived from the same supply (about 200mA) and
there is only about 0.5V drop on the whole cable run which is about 40
metres (possibly longer).

Dont forget to doible the resistance as that is for a single wire and you
have the same on the return.

The first KAT5 prototype (Composite, Stereo and IR) was tested at well over
600m but that is with local power supplies.

Keith