RE: Re: Best way to feed TV and audio

  • Subject: RE: Re: Best way to feed TV and audio
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 23:20:00 +0000

Andrew,

See my comments below marked ***

Keith

> You can run two or more receivers from one transmitter but they
MUST be
> daisy chained and all except The last receiver must have the
termination
> resistors removed (or not fitted in the first place!).

So is there a passthru RJ45 port or something similar?

*** No. You must terminate 2 CAT5 cables on the wall socket that the
receiver is connected to just as the Ringmain has two cables connected to a
socket. ***

> If the amp is located a long way from the TV, there is no way you
will get
> TV Tuner sound to the amp as the KAT would only be carrying its own
audio
> unless you had a second set of KAT5's.

Not sure what you mean by the "KAT would only be carrying its own
audio". Can't I have the 1st KAT5 receiver feeding video to the TV,
daisy-chain to the 2nd KAT5 receiver (over CAT5!) and feed audio to
the amp?

*** Yes, my point was that the audio on this would be what was being fed
from the KAT5 Transmitter. If you werent watching a KAT5 source but
something "Off Air" via the TV's tuner, you wouldnt have a means
to feed
that audio to your amp, you would have to use the TV's internal speakers.
***