Maximum distance for SCART

  • Subject: Maximum distance for SCART
  • From: Andrew Richards
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 10:50:00 +0000

Keith

I love what KAT5 units do, but I want to hide them away. I know you do a
version for mounting in a wall box (I assume a double box), but then I'd
have to lay on a 12v supply as well as CAT5 cable for signal.

Can I instead put the KAT5 unit further away (in a cupboard), and route the
SCART signals from the wallplate back to the KAT5 unit? It would be max 10m
run. If so, what type of cable should I use?

Best regards

Andrew